Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Write Like

Here's an amusing site which claims to analyze text you paste in and tell you who you write like. I'm not sure if it actually analyzes anything or just randomly picks an author, but I could do this all day. When I have time, I'll reenter some and see if I get the same results.

I stuck in a few old blog posts and have gotten 3 Dan Browns, 2 David Foster Wallaces, Kurt Vonnegut, Stephen King, P.G. Wodehouse, Jack London, and James Joyce. Some of those aren't bad company, and for the others, I can only ask, "So where's my royalty check?"

2 comments:

Lori Degman said...

I just found this site yesterday and entered several rhyming stories I've written. I was hoping to be compared to Dr. Seuss, Jack Prelutsky or Shel Silverstein - instead, it came up with Margaret Atwood, David Foster Wallace, Stephenie Meyer and James Joyce. Seems like it randomly picks an author :-)

greentangle said...

Lori, I read more about it and apparently it's very limited at the moment and only gets actual authors correct about half the time. Supposedly it looks at specific words and sentence length.

Congrats again, and if anyone's interested let them know where they can reach me. :-)