Saturday, April 22, 2017

Arts and Sciences

I strolled for science this morning. I don't like to carry signs, so I wore this shirt instead. The government thinks it's OK to kill hibernating bears? Well,


I haven't seen any news coverage or crowd estimates of the Duluth march but apparently there were over 10,000 people at the St. Paul march. We didn't have that many of course but it was a large crowd--maybe over 1,000. 

I'm not actually a science worshipper--I think being too rational can take a lot of the pleasure out of life. I was there to support sciences such as ecology and conservation biology, but I oppose messing with genes and have no interest in seeing all human disease cured so we can overpopulate the planet and drive species to extinction even faster.

I was in the middle of the pack--here's some of the people in front of me
 and some of the people behind me.
 There were lots of good signs.


Note the NO SCIENCE = NO BEER sign in the corner of that one. This is serious!

 
 
After the march I went to a restaurant for lunch and got the following in my fortune cookie. "A different world cannot be built by indifferent people." I'm not gonna get all optimistic on ya, but jeez!

Then I stopped by Electric Fetus for Record Store Day and heard Sarah Krueger sing a couple songs. My current favorite musician Anders Osborne was on NPR this morning talking about the group he started to help sober musicians stay that way. 

There were lots of dogs walking with us today.
 I didn't see any cuter than this pup.
In a few days I'll be taking a much needed vacation from my two part time jobs, leaving Duluth for the first time since I got back from Yellowstone almost a year ago, and heading over to Marquette to see my favorite dog and his human.
 

No comments: